I have a couple of solutions, but none of them work perfectly.
- ASP.NET / VB.NET / .NET 2.0
- IIS 6
- IE6 (primarily), with some IE7; Firefox not necessary, but useful
Allowed 3rd Party Options
- ActiveX (would like to avoid)
- Java (would like to avoid)
- Flash 10 will break the functionality that is used to call the multiple file upload dialogue box. The workaround is to use a transparent flash frame, or just use a flash button to call the dialogue box. That's not a huge deal.
- The integrated windows authentication used on our intranet is not used when the Flash file attempts to upload the files, prompting the user for credentials. The workaround for this is to use cookieless sessions, which would be a nightmare for our project due to several other reasons.
ActiveX Uploader: I found an ActiveX solution as well. It appears that ActiveX will work. I would just write my own instead of buying that one. This will be my last resort, I think.
I would love to be able to use something like FancyUpload. If I can just get by the credentials prompt some way, it would be perfect. But, from my research, it appears that the only real workaround is cookieless sessions, which I just can't do.
So, the question is: Is there a way to resolve the issues presented above OR is there a different solution that I have not listed which accomplishes the same goal?
Nice, but I'm fairly certain that it has the same pitfalls as other flash solutions. If not, then please let me know.
I think I read that, but IE is prompting me for credentials when I try it.